1. If I walk daily everything health related falls into place – aim for 8-10,000 steps everyday.
2. I’d rather workout outdoors than indoors – no matter what get at least of 30 minutes of outdoor light exposure Monday through Sunday.
3. Focusing on my gut health has worked wonders for staying lean with less effort – eat foods you tolerate and digest well and skip those you don’t.
4. Eating slower improves my digestion exponentially – chew your food thoroughly.
5. Meditating for 10 minutes first thing in the morning sets me up for a successful day – take 3 super slow deep breaths whenever you feel a stressful situation coming on.
6. There are 7 billion ways to get in shape – you’re different from your friend, neighbor or colleague, stop comparing.
7. Learning everyday makes me feel accomplished – learn at least one new thing per day about a passion of yours.
8. Mobility is much easier maintained than achieved – foam roll and/or stretch for 10 minutes everyday.
9. Consistency turns daunting things into doable things – If you really want something, dedicate some time to it everyday, 5 minutes daily turns into 30+ hours come years end.
10. It’s easier to keep up than it is to catch up – maintain and build your health, you’ll always regret waiting until it’s too late.
11. A standing workstation changed my life – vary your positions throughout the day and get creative.
12. Absolute answers to complex health questions are often untrue – beware of advice from someone who has nothing but a definitive answer or answers.
13. I didn’t think I’d ever be able to do a handstand until I did a handstand – give something a shot that you didn’t think was personally possible.
14. I fell in love with cooking – passions can be developed at any time, be open to them.
15. People will never stop looking for a quick fix – be aware of the ‘sloth’ in yourself.
16. Reading for 20 minutes before bed is a recipe for an awesome sleep – skip one sitcom episode, you’ll be happy you did the following morning.
17. Mentally going over things, people and experiences I’m grateful for prior to bed is a recipe for an awesome sleep as well – practicing gratitude is life changing.
18. Every in my life is better when I sleep well – you’re going to be a better version of yourself if you’re well rested.
19. I’d recommend the book ‘Mindless Eating’ to every single person I know – set up your food environment mindfully.
20. Bodyweight exercise has the best return on investment, it’s also super empowering – get strong enough to control your own body in a variety of positions.
21. The more I learn the less I find out I know – learn daily, it’ll humble you.
22. The brain can throw off the gut, the gut can throw off the brain – take care of your insides.
23. Lifting super heavy weights is no longer important to me, all around fitness is – revisit your goals often.
24. Even one drink negatively impacts my sleep – experiment on yourself.
25. Doing any task that takes 2 minutes or less right away is the key to a clutter free home – clutter is stressful whether you’re aware of it or not, tidy home clear mind.
26. We’re opportunistic eaters, if we see it we eat it – out of sight out of mind, set yourself up for success and make eating treats inconvenient.
27. Checking email no more than 2-3x per day makes me 10x more productive – don’t do your laundry one or two pieces at a time either.
28. 8 minutes in a tanning booth twice monthly in the winter makes me feel better – everyone looks and feels better with a tan.
29. Coconut oil works as moisturizer, beard oil and hair gel – your skin is permeable, don’t put anything on your body you wouldn’t put in your mouth.
30. I love bike riding – rediscover a childhood passion of yours.